We visit all the dive areas around Provo including Grace Bay, Northwest Point, West Caicos, French Cay, Pine Cay & Sandbore Channel. For divers taking advantage of a package, we try to rotate dives around all the areas so you get a taste of the various scuba diving offers.
Discover Scuba Diving
Perfect for Beginners!
Who Should Take These Courses/Prerequisites
No prior experience with scuba diving is necessary, but you need to be in reasonable physical health.
All students must read the Discover Scuba® Diving Participant Statement and complete a Medical Statement prior to participating in any course. Should any of the medical history items noted on the Statement apply to you, you will need to consult with a physician, who will provide written permission, prior to participating in scuba diving.
- 2 Tank Discover Scuba Diving
- Diver Ages 15+
- Diver - Ages 12 - 14 and Private
Dive without certification with our Discover Scuba Diving in Turks and Caicos!
Choose the day you want to make your boat dive, and the (compulsory) pool practice session will be scheduled for the afternoon before!
Discover Scuba Diving, also known as the Resort Course, is a great way to try scuba diving without investing time studying to discover that diving is not for you. This course is their vacation highlight for many people, and they become certified and avid scuba divers. Let’s face it, what better place to try diving?
For a truly personalized experience, Dive Provo only allows a maximum ratio of 2 students per instructor during the open water dives – and we do not just one, but two dives as part of the experience.
Not to worry if you are traveling with certified family members or friends. When it comes time for the 2-tank boat dive, you can all dive from the same boat, though during the dive itself, you will dive with your instructor, and they will need to dive with the other certified divers.
If you enjoyed the dives, you can take additional Discover dives a second day for $249.00, or start planning your Open Water Diver Certification course!
Inclusions and Itineraries
- Afternoon pool session with instructor
- One morning 2-tank boat dive with instructor
- All dive equipment
- Day 1: Meet with your instructor in the afternoon for a brief lecture going over basic Do’s and Dont’s and then practicing skills in the swimming pool. This generally takes a couple of hours.
- Day 2: The next morning you go out on the regular dive trip and make 2 dives to a maximum depth of 40 ft under the supervision of your instructor.
- Go over the scuba equipment you use to dive and learn how easy it is to move around underwater with your gear.
- Find out what it’s like to breathe underwater.
- Learn key skills that you’ll use during every scuba dive.
- Have fun swimming around and exploring.